Friday, April 9, 2010

Show and Tell: Kei Fabric (Web Cam Edition)

By-Angel

This week I want to share about an amazing fabric manufacturer/line I've fallen in love with. I first saw it online at Sew Mama Sew, and then saw it in person when I was lucky enough to grab one of the Soulemama Fat Quarter Packs (no longer listed on their website) from Sew Mama Sew a few months ago. These are a few of the Kei fabrics that Amanda included in her pack:

Spotlight:  Kei Fabric (Web Cam edition)

Spotlight:  Kei Fabric (Web Cam edition)

Spotlight:  Kei Fabric (Web Cam edition)

I fell in love with the orange and blue print, called "Juniper Stripe" at Sew Mama Sew (I'm afraid I just bought all they have in that color, but they do have a few other choices, some even on sale!) and immediately started looking around for more fabric like this on the internet. I found a shop on etsy called Fabric Worm and discovered more prints from the same manufacturer!

I chose these two:

Spotlight:  Kei Fabric (Web Cam edition)

Spotlight:  Kei Fabric (Web Cam edition)

I bought 1.5 yards in the "Woodcut Floral" and all she had of the "Juniper Stripe"  (Kei does not name their fabrics, as I discovered later, so these are names that the retail shops give the fabric to keep up with what's what.) My plan is to make curtains with both fabrics for the new rooms! Unfortunately nobody seems to have the Juniper Stripe in teal, I can't find any more of it online. I could only get 4 yards from Fabric Worm.  And of course now nothing else will do!

Do you think one of the awesome fabric stores in Seattle might have some?  I've heard from a few places that Yuwa purchased Kei, but nobody knows for sure, so it may be listed under "Yuwa" or "Kei" or both!  I sent a message to Felt Cafe on Etsy to see if she'd seen any in Japan, she had seen it but it was all gone when she went back to the fabric store to check!  

(And if anyone reading this post has seen this print and color let me know in the comments!)

You may have noticed that these photos are a little........lacking? Funky? Different from what I'd usually post?  The camera wasn't available the last few days, so I decided to make do with the web camera on our computer. Onward and upward!

And here's a picture of me as I wrote this post, to say "hello" and that I've been missing you more than usual these last few weeks! Hope your weekend is amazing...........

Photo on 2010-04-09 at 09.11 #3

Jenny-mini-button Aw, that last paragraph and photo made me tear up. I miss you too, sweet friend!!

That fabric is AWESOME. I love it, and it's so totally your style. I'll make some calls to the few fabric shops I know around Seattle. There are 2-3 fabric/quilting boutiques that I haven't checked out yet as well, and this would be good reason to! That is going to make some lovely curtains, I can't wait to see the result. I can see the gray of the walls behind you in the photo, and it turned out fabulous! It's so light and bright, perfect choice for a family room.

3 comments:

  1. Try superbuzzy.com. It's called berry stripe on their site, and they currently have 9 different colors of this fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I could have sworn I looked at Superbuzzy, and came up empty handed. I think it may be because I searched their site by using the manufacturer name, and they have it listed without one. Now to figure out what I can sell so I can buy more of the blue! :lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for writing a comment! While the format of Stumbles & Stitches is an exchange between two friends, we love to engage with our readers and expand the conversation in the comments.

We usually respond to your questions here, unless it seems more appropriate to send you an email. So please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...