Thursday, February 18, 2010

Show and Tell: Flea Market Fancy

By-Jenny2

I think I have an unreasonable lust for some fabrics. For example, the prints from Denyse Schmidt's Flea Market Fancy collection. I don't even know the name of this exact print I own. I just know I love it love it love it. And that it is now out of print.

Jenny-spotlight-fleamarketfancy_01

I love the choices of colors, the happy combination it creates, the clean lines of the pattern, the modern yet vintage-y feel of the whole thing. Yum!

I bought this fabric in Nashville, 2 or 3 years ago, for a baby quilt project which I ended up never making. I got 1/2 yard in blue, and 1/4 yard in green. Since then, I have held on to these pieces like they are gold. (And considering the mad love for this collection, everywhere you look online, I may not be that crazy.) I have dished out little pieces here and there: I cut one for a fabric ball for Silas, I used a few scraps for a couple of sentimental quilt squares, and a few other "important enough" projects.

Angel, the fact that you received a fat quarter of this print (in blue) lovingly cut from my stash for Christmas should tell you very clearly how much you mean to me!

Jenny-spotlight-fleamarketfancy_02

Angel-mini-buttonI am saving this for something lovely around Christmas time, something that stays in this house instead of being given away. I love it! I need to check out some of Denyse's books, quilting intimidates me but she is so very inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for writing a comment! While the format of Stumbles & Stitches is an exchange between two friends, we love to engage with our readers and expand the conversation in the comments.

We usually respond to your questions here, unless it seems more appropriate to send you an email. So please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...